Do you ever get a craving for a fully loaded baked potato with bacon, cheese, sour cream, etc? I’ve got a great family-friendly recipe that is completely amazing and super easy. And it takes half as long as going through all the effort of baking a potato!
|Loaded Potato Casserole|| || |
- 1 bag tater tots
- 1 jar Ragu cheddar cheese sauce
- 1/2 C salsa (whatever strength you like)
- 1/2 C crumbled bacon
- 2 C cheddar jack cheese
- 2 T sour cream
- 1 tsp chives
- In an oven safe casserole dish, dump out the bag of tater tots.
- Pour over the jar of cheddar cheese sauce and stir well so that all of the tots are nicely coated.
- Stir in the salsa so that it is combined with the other ingredients.
- Add in the crumbled bacon. You can stir it or just leave it on top. Whatever you like.
- Put into a 425 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and give it a good stir. The tots will probably break apart, which is absolutely fine. Just be sure everything is coated in the luscious cheesy sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheddar jack cheese on top and place back into the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with sour cream and chives on top.
If you don’t have tater tots, a bag of hash browns will work just as well. OR, if you are really craving it you can use ACTUAL potatoes. Just dice them up small or shred them into the pan.
For the crumbled bacon, I actually buy it in bulk from Costco, but you can easily just crisp some up and then crumble it yourself.
You don’t NEED cheddar jack cheese. Use whatever kind you think would taste best.
I’m not kidding when I tell you that this recipe is to DIE for. Even my 18 month old son went gaga for it! Just add in anything you would normally have on your favorite baked potato and go from there. The leftovers freeze beautifully and can be reheated in the microwave OR the oven.
Enjoy, and if you use it, let me know how it goes!