The best guacamole I’ve EVER had was this past January, when Mark and I went on a Caribbean Cruise. Our first port of call was Cozumel, Mexico where we went to “Isla Passion,” to partake in spinning boats, beach volleyball, free unlimited alcohol and a ton of local food. If I could have slathered myself in their guacamole, I would have done so in an instant, bathing in it, breathing it in, soaking myself in its awesomeness….
Okay, maybe that’s a little weird.
But seriously, folks, it was GOOD.
I wish I’d gotten the recipe. But whatever – I have a great recipe anyway. Mine is low-fat, and super tasty, and obviously avocados are just filled up with loads of Omega 3 good fats, so you have a great excuse to make it regularly.
|Guaca-holy-mole!|| || |
- 2 large avocados
- 1 lime
- 1/2 C low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp low-fat sour cream (or creme fraiche)
- 1/4 C low-fat Miracle Whip
- 1 tsp chives
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop out the fruit and place in a medium bowl.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze half the juice over the avocado.
- Mash it all up so that it is thick but creamy. Try to get rid of the lumps.
- Add in the sour cream and stir together.
- Add in the cottage cheese and stir together.
- Squeeze the other half of the lime onto the mix and stir again.
- Finally, add the Miracle Whip and stir once more.
- Sprinkle the chives on top for a garnish.
Serve with your favourite Gluten Free corn chips or as a spread on a club sandwich. Or you can use on nachos.