Who doesn’t love a big pile of sweet and creamy banana pudding? When I was a kid, my mother would make it with Nilla Wafers and fresh bananas. But these days, I am not able to eat Nilla Wafers, and I find I like the bananas a little bit softer. So I wait until they fruit is just about to the end of its usefulness to add them to this yummy dessert.
|Gluten Free Banana Pudding||
- 1 package of your favourite brand banana cream pudding
- 2 C almond milk
- 1 banana
- 12 gluten free vanilla sandwich cookies
- 1 C Cool Whip
- In a medium bowl, mix up the banana pudding to the package specifications. I use almond milk rather than real milk due to lactose intolerance.
- Once the pudding is combined properly, stick 8 – 9 cookies around the outside perimeter of the bowl, halfway submerged in the pudding.
- Slice up the banana and make a layer over the top.
- Add the Cool Whip on top of the whole thing and spread it out, making whatever pattern you want.
- Crumble the remaining cookies on top of the whole thing and leave in the fridge until ready to eat (at least two hours)
You can always line the bowl with cookies BEFORE you add the pudding, but I always think it’s better to add them afterward.
I also often wait to put the Cool Whip on top until I’ve had the pudding in the fridge for a couple of hours. This ensures it is at the right consistency, but it is completely about personal preference.