A few nights ago, I wanted to make something in the way of “comfort food,” and to me that always means pasta. But obviously having Celiac Disease, I had to settle for the gluten free option. So grab your favorite GF pasta and this recipe and have yourself a comforting feast of Gluten Free Alfredo!
|Gluten Free Alfredo Sauce|| || |
- 1/2 C salted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese (Philly is best)
- 1 & 1/2 C milk (I use soy or almond milk)
- 1 C parmasean cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- On a low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Cut the cream cheese into small chunks and then add to the butter, whisking together until it is all melted into each other.
- Crush the garlic into a paste and add to the mix, whisking the whole time.
- Dump in the Parmasean cheese and keep whisking. A kind of lumpy paste will be formed.
- Add in the milk, a little bit at a time.
- Keep whisking.
- Keep adding milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add in the nutmeg.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This sauce is great when you add it to some fresh GF fettuccine and some roasted vegetables. Garnish with a bit more parmasean cheese.