Since going Gluten Free nearly 6 weeks ago, I’ve been sampling loads of GF products in an effort to figure out which ones are the best ones. Of course, since I’m about to move to another country, all my research is pretty much useless now! So I thought I’d do a generic recipe which can use ANY brand of GF pasta.
|Gluten Free Pasta Bake||
- 1 lb Gluten Free spiral pasta
- 1/2 C chopped chorizo sausage
- 12 small GF pork meatballs (bought or pre-made)
- 2 C tomato sauce
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped small)
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 10 – 12 black olives, sliced
- 1 C cheddar cheese
- Follow the instructions for cooking the pasta.
- Set the Gluten Free meatballs into an oven proof dish and pour over half of the tomato sauce.
- Put the meatballs into the oven according to your packet instructions.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add in the garlic, stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Add in the onions and sautee for about 5 – 6 minutes or until they are soft and translucent.
- Add in the chorizo sausage and fry until it releases much of its orange oil.
- Add in the other half of the tomato sauce and the fresh basil.
- Reduce the heat as much as possible and leave on the stove until the meatballs are done.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and add the stove-top sauce to the pan.
- Drain the pasta and mix it into the oven dish, as well.
- Stir everything together in the oven dish until the pasta is very well coated.
- Spread the pasta and sauce evenly across and then top with the cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted and become a golden brown.
Note the cooking time of the pasta and/or meatballs in advance so that they are all ready around the same time. If the pasta is done too early, it will get soggy and chewy.