Well it’s Day 2 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge, and we’re just excited to be participating. Head on over to Emma’s blog if you want to take part.
20 Facts About Me
- I love writing weird facts about myself. If you don’t believe me, check out my page with 102 random facts about me!
- I have Borderline Personality Disorder. I’ve struggled with it my whole life, but it came to a head about 2.5 years ago when I tried to kill myself by downing 3 months worth of antidepressants for dinner. Luckily I came out of it with minor damage and have gone on to turn my entire life around. I still struggle with it daily, though.
- I moved around a LOT as a child. And… erm… as an adult. The fact that I’m American but live in England is testament to that. But everywhere I’ve EVER lived, people have told me I have an accent. I maintain THEY have accents.
- It doesn’t take much to gross me out. My family used to have “Make Katie Puke Night” when they would each take it in turns to try to get me to throw up. Yah, my family is kind of messed up. To make it fair, all my brothers and sisters had their own form of torture. I just can’t remember any but my own. ;)
- I really wanted Dexter’s first word to be “Quote.” I figured it would be awesome if that was his first word, and then on his deathbed he could make sure his last word was “Unquote.” I tried and tried to get him to say it, but I got the shock of my life when his first word (at 4 months old) was “Geek.” Apparently he knows us too well.
- I have an unreal ability to remember song lyrics. I only have to hear them once. Of course, I have to actually pay attention to the words once. Just because I hear a song doesn’t mean I’m listening. Though I usually pick up the chorus whether I’m listening or not.
- My very favourite food of all time is roasted corn on the cob. I hold my family record of most ears eaten at once – FOURTEEN!
- I get severely paranoid and often think that people don’t like me or are being rude to me, even if they’re not. I am always after validation.
- My fiance thinks I’m the luckiest person he knows. I’ve escaped death so many times it’s hard to remember them all. I’ve also won a jackpot in a casino ($5,000) and loads of contests. Most recently, I won an iPad 3 just for doing an online Easter Egg hunt. I gave it to Mark.
- I love singing. I was told all my life that I have a terrible voice, and so that’s what I believe. But in my adult life, I have learned that while I may not be amazing, I CAN carry a tune if I practice it and know it well.
- I can’t eat gluten because I have celiac disease.
- I can’t eat milk due to lactose intolerance (though I eat cheese and suffer because of it!).
- I can’t eat sugar because I’m diabetic.
- Despite my dietary restrictions, I still manage to be overweight.
- I’ve been booked in twice for a breast reduction, and both times something has come up last minute. Last time it was because I found out I was pregnant.
- My favourite all time band is Pearl Jam. I even have a tattoo for them on my leg.
- Twice I have had tickets to a Pearl Jam concert bought for me. The first time was at an outdoor festival, and I got through the first song before being trampled by the crowd, losing my shoes and having to leave. The second was also an outdoor festival, and I had just learned I was pregnant two days previously. I flat out refused to go for fear I’d get trampled and lose the baby.
- I went to Amsterdam so I could try marijuana legally. I hated it. It made me super paranoid and I was convinced I was going to fall into the canals. I also was convinced my hands could go through the tables at McDonalds. It was horrible, and I did not enjoy it at all.
- I have an OCD behaviour that makes me need to change things often. That can mean rearranging furniture, changing channels, revamping my website or cutting/dying my hair.
- I was supposed to get married in July this year, but cancelled it. Then we were meant to get married in March, but the government turned us down due to not having sufficient evidence of Mark’s previous divorce. Then we were supposed to get married May 15th, but that was also cancelled due to us deciding to leave the country and move to America. I now have no idea whatsoever when we might get married. At this point, I think I’m just going to claim permanent fiancee status.
1. Introduction and recent photo
2. 20 facts about you
3. Your favourite quote
4. What are you afraid of
5. 10 songs you love right now
6. Your 5 senses right now
7. Your pet hates
8. What’s in your handbag
9. What are your worst habits
10. What’s your best physical feature
11. List 15 of your favourite things
12. What’s inside your fridge
13. What is your earliest memory
14. If you won the lottery…
15. Timeline of your day
16. What’s top of your bucket list
17. What is your most proud moment
18. The meaning of your blog name
19. What do you collect
20. A difficult time in your life
21. Your 10 favourite foods
22. Best thing to happen this year
23. Your dream job
24. Your favourite childhood book
25. Your 5 favourite blogs
26. An old photo of you
27. Post your favourite recipe
28. What are you looking forward to
29. Where have you travelled
30. What’s in your makeup bag
31. Why do you blog