So I’m very excited to have tried my very first gluten free recipe adaptation for my new celiac lifestyle! I was able to cook a phenomenal dinner for us tonight by taking an old recipe I’d found online and swapping out certain ingredients for celiac friendly ones.
May I present you with Gluten Free Balsamic Chicken.
|Gluten Free Balsamic Chicken||
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 C GF veggie stock
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, fry the chicken breasts in olive oil for about two minutes on each side.
- Add in the minced garlic and the sliced mushrooms, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are softened (about 3 – 4 minutes).
- Add the balsamic vinegar and the veggie stock and bring the heat down to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow the chicken to cook through in the juices.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put them in some foil or tupperware to keep them warm.
- Turn the heat up on the mushrooms and liquid so that it begins to boil.
- Add in the rosemary, mustard seeds and celery salt.
- Continue to boil the sauce until it thickens to a gravy-like consistency (about 6 – 7 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken on a warmed plate with the gravy and mushrooms spooned over top.
This is great when served with mashed potatoes and/or steamed veggies.
I hope you may find this useful. As far as gluten free recipes go, it’s a good’un!